[SOLVED] Load a script later after app init

Hey team,
I need a function like the jquery getscript() function in Dom7… I just don’t wanna include jquery as a separate script just to use one function… I have an online script that I want to use at a certain page otherwise I don’t load it… Reason is: I have realised that loading it in the tags, if the connection is slow, the app has a problem in starting up… It’s the online scripts causing that…

I tried to create append the script tags with it into the head tags in the from the specific component pageInit, It appends it, when I check the elements in the console but I can’t use the functions of the script because they are not in the Dom, or loaded (I don’t know) saying they ain’t undefined…

function LoadAlgoriaAPI() { var script = document.createElement("script"); script.src = "some-script.js"; script.type = "text/javascript"; document.getElementsByTagName("head")[0].appendChild(script); }

Any remedies? @nolimits4web, thanks a lot

Hi, i use some code similar to yours. but it works fine for me.

try {
            var po = document.createElement('script');
            po.type = 'text/javascript';
            po.async = false;
            po.src = js_url_root;
            var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];
            s.parentNode.insertBefore(po, s);
            resolve('Exito app.js')
          } catch (e) {
            reject(e)
          }

In fact i load 4 files like this, 1 css and 3 js.
Can you make a jsfiddle with the error?

Great, thanks @pvtallulah, kindly help me understand your code though…

var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];
            s.parentNode.insertBefore(po, s);
            resolve('Exito app.js')... 

is Exito a function? it looks like a string…

once again thanks…

yes, it was a portion of a script, i use the string to return success when getting the script, never mind that, just return whatever you like

Thanks but see, I still am getting the error because the script isnot loaded into the DOM…

Capture

I run the function on component, on pageInit… Including the script in head tags works seamlessly… prob is internet poor connection…

Ok, so you are calling “places” before it has downloaded the script. right?
you can use a promise to see when the script has been loaded.

Great man… Jeez, am an idiot, how could I forget that??? Even after your example?

Thanks bro… Bless’p!
@pvtallulah