Can I use Cordova with PWA?

Error in v-on handler: “ReferenceError: cordova is not defined”

I am trying to follow instructions on how to use inaap browser. I did it successfully with vue only and later added cordova. But when I tried through framework7 i get this error.
Using ui I created pwa and cordova app, added inapp browser plugin and when I try to call cordova.innAppBrowser… cordova is not defined.

How can I access cordova?

PWA is just a web page with responsive CSS for mobile. Cordova generates an app that runs on webview. For PWA you dont need Cordova.

Thank you for your response. I get what you saying Picole. But I do want to stay in my app while browsing the web. Have same functionalities like cordova’s inapp browser has. I did it with Ionic and themeable browser plugin. This plugin is cordovas inaap browser adapted to work with ionic. Now there is a need for vue pwa app, which cannot use themeable browser. It is doable without f7, but I need f7 as well. With inaap browser I can easily catch events, and have my own cutomised browser.

PWA is just a web app, apparently Cordova’s plugins won’t work there

1 Like

\ 45x45 Picole_de_Chuchu
May 25

PWA is just a web page with responsive CSS for mobile. Cordova generates an app that runs on webview. For PWA you dont need Cordova.

Visit Topic to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Thank you Vladimir. Do you have any suggestion on how to get such functionality? Basically, having browser inside my web page. Or even better, get some url and use it later in my app.

Show quoted text

Error Icon\ 72x72

Address not found

Your message wasn’t delivered to [email protected] because the address couldn’t be found, or is unable to receive mail.
The response from the remote server was:

550 5.1.0 Recipient rejected: <[email protected]>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
To: Vladimir Kharlampidi via Framework7 Forum <[email protected]>
Cc:
Bcc:
Date: Mon, 25 May 2020 15:25:52 +0200
Subject: Re: [Framework7 Forum] [Questions] Can I use Cordova with PWA?

Thank you Vladimir. Do you have any suggestion on how to get such functionality? Basically, having browser inside my web page. Or even better, get some url when outside of app, browsing the web, and use it later in my app.