🖥 Desktop theme feedback needed

Love it!

What will be best practice between this theme and mobile, meaning if you have 1 code base for both, alternate on device time? or detect on Multi view?

It looks awesome. Great work

Hi @nolimits4web,

I just tried the npm but is giving me an error in “npm run core:dev”

Not sure what I’m doing wrong?

Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, mkdir ‘C:\xampp\htdocs\Aurora\framework7\build/core’

Work on Windows :joy:

I have same error… problem on path C:\xampp\htdocs\Aurora\framework7\ build/core

Work fine on windows! Just manually create folders \build\core In framework7 folder

Yes… that’s right :slight_smile: I tried yesterday in MAC and it works well.

Let me try later on Windows.

Thanks!

I liked the article https://uxdesign.cc/the-ultimate-guide-to-proper-use-of-animation-in-ux-10bd98614fa9

1. In a desktop application, you need to make the animation faster because the display sizes are larger
  2. Add ease/ease-out/ease-in/ease-in-out to animation to make animation more “natural”, may be add css vars with animation, IMHO
1 Like

You were right @Overman. After creating the folders manually all is OK.

Thanks!

@nolimits4web Maybe part of this styles can be somehow inspiration for you (strictly desktop related for Windows, Linux and macOS) https://www.delphistyles.com/fmx/index.html

Не понял, как это работает.

I made a whatsapp APP poc, to test aurora, its awesome. nice job!
Here is the result:

My css skills are very poor. But i manage to make the poc, starting from slack sample. I can make a PR. Also i only use f7 icons, so they don’t match whatsapp icons.

5 Likes

Sweet, can you send it with PR to aurora /samples/ folder?

Hi,

I think you should not be focusing on platform specific details for Desktop app, except on thing users got used to (osX - close button on left, win - close button on right, right click menu, etc.).

Users mainly choose dark/light themes for desktop apps.

Perhaps you should consider easily theme color customisation, beacause large companies with strong brends like to style them accordingly with corporate identity.

In last few years we are witnessing that everybody tends to minimalism. Great examples are macOSx mail app (I like your example) and microsoft outlook live webapp. I think your development shoud go into that direction.

There is bootstrap admin theme on themeforest (https://keenthemes.com/metronic/preview/) with more than 65k licenses sold. They have numerous components designed in beautifull maner and all with open source plugins. Maybe you can use it sometimes for your inspiration.

Few more things:

• page transitions should be posible to switch off completely (jush show/hide),
  • pull to refresh should be turned off unles app is on tablet, it can be confusing for users, it is easier to move mouse and click on refresh…

Wish you best with Desktop App project

1 Like

I just found some time and wanted to give Aurora a spin, but it seems it’s no longer there? How can I try it?

1 Like

OK - just found it… I didn’t realized it’s already merged.

1 Like

I’m very late to the party, but are those samples still available somewhere? I would love to see the source for that gorgeous macOS Mail app.

Yes. Here they are.

Thank you very much!

We should opt for a unified desktop theme