Difference between cdn and compiled?

i am a little confused between difference of cdn included version vs compiled version by nodejs.
for example vuejs or f7 has both of these types. there is any difference in loading speed and other things?
thank you.

It’s mostly applicable to web apps that are hosted online (ie not a compiled app that you’ll install locally to a device).
A CDN will be a URL request to a third-party provider to give you the latest version of a specific file, eg the latest edition of Framework 7’s JS or CSS code.
The compiled version would be one that you’re integrating into your own code, on your own server (or installed within your project). For example, it might be the latest version of Framework 7 at the time you created your app. As newer versions become available, your app will continue to use the specific version that you compiled, and not use anything newer.
CDN’s are useful for requesting the latest version of a file, or utilising the user’s local cache instead of making another request (ie if another website has already visited that URL on the CDN, the browser may pull that file from the user’s cache instead of making a new request, which further speeds-up the loading time of your site.)

thank you for your answer. may i had to explain more my questions.
my question is there any performance difference between pre-compile codes in frameworks like f7,svelte,vue ,… and compiled pages?
for example when i add vuejs by cdn to my project how much it’s faster/slower in comparison to compiled pages to static files?

The difference between using a CDN (Content Delivery Network) version and a locally compiled version of a JavaScript library or framework like Vue.js or Framework7 primarily boils down to how the library is delivered and loaded in your web application. Here’s a breakdown of the differences and considerations:

CDN (Content Delivery Network) Version:

Pros:
        Ease of Use: CDNs provide a simple way to include the library in your project without any need for local setup or compilation.
        Faster Initial Setup: You can quickly start using the library without having to set up a development environment.
        Caching: CDNs typically serve popular libraries from geographically distributed servers, which can improve loading speed due to browser caching.

Cons:
        Network Dependency: Your application's loading speed depends on the user's internet connection and the availability of the CDN. If the CDN experiences downtime or issues, your app might be affected.
        Lack of Control: You have limited control over the version and customization of the library. You'll be using the specific version provided by the CDN, which might not be the latest.

Considerations:
        CDNs are suitable for quick prototypes, small projects, or situations where you prioritize simplicity and speed of development.

Compiled Version by Node.js:

Pros:
        Control: You have complete control over the library's version and can customize it according to your needs.
        Offline Usage: You don't rely on an external network source, which can be advantageous for applications that need to work offline.
        Optimization: You can optimize the library for your specific use case, including tree shaking and code splitting to reduce the bundle size.

Cons:
        Setup Overhead: Setting up a development environment and configuring the build process can be more complex and time-consuming, especially for beginners.
        Initial Loading Time: The initial loading time might be slightly longer compared to CDNs, especially if you include the entire library without optimizations.

Considerations:
        Using the compiled version is suitable for larger projects, production applications, or cases where you need precise control over the library's behavior and performance.
1 Like