Firebase ( Firestore ) problem

I make one hybride app for IOS . I use Framework7 with Cordova. If I use only Cordova, it can reach my firestore. But if I use Cordova + Framework7 CLI, it can’t see firestore.

In Xcode, I see this fault.

@firebase/firestore: Firestore (7.8.2): Could not reach Cloud Firestore backend. Backend didn’t respond within 10 seconds. This typically indicates that your device does not have a healthy Internet connection at the moment. The client will operate in offline mode until it is able to successfully connect to the backend.

Here is rules.

service cloud.firestore {
  match /databases/{database}/documents {

// This rule allows anyone on the internet to view, edit, and delete
    // all data in your Firestore database. It is useful for getting
    // started, but it is configured to expire after 30 days because it
    // leaves your app open to attackers. At that time, all client
    // requests to your Firestore database will be denied.
    //
    // Make sure to write security rules for your app before that time, or else
    // your app will lose access to your Firestore database
    match /{document=**} {
      allow read, write;
    }
  }
}

Here is one screenshot.

What is problem?

Can you help, please ?

Thank you.

I also have this problem. Works correctly in a browser. Same timeout issue when I build the app.

I now have a working solution for anyone who see this. Be sure to set the following where you initialize.

firebase.firestore().settings({ experimentalForceLongPolling: true });

1 Like

Firebase is collecting feedback on this setting, I suggest marking that this fixed this issue for you on this thread so that they know that people are using it: https://github.com/firebase/firebase-js-sdk/issues/1674

1 Like

njvan,

thank you for this solution.

Dmitry

1 Like

Thanks this helped us out of a jam where a companies security settings was throttling the firestore calls!!