I’ve launched my first F7 app! Please try it out and provide any feedback you want to make it better.
Fling Photo is a photo memory app where you post up photos and notes for anything you want to be reminded of in the future. If you are like me you use your smart phone photos to capture music and film posters, menus of new restaurants, places to see and a host of other inspirational things to do later. In Fling you post these and the tool returns them to you every 7-14 days as a reminder. You can also hashtag photos in your notes to categorize them and look them up directly.
I used Framework7, Firebase, Cloudinary and SendGrid for this app.
On my near term todo list are:
- update to version 5 of F7
- add a basic service worker (annoyed that forcing updates is so hard once you do this)
- move more of the logic over onto Firebase for better security
- i’ll release the client code under MIT soon so its easier to pick it up as a template
- any tips on how to obscure the JS side in the future to made it less easy to copy once its launched for real
Give it a try, let me know where it breaks and what you would like to see added!
Extra thanks to everyone on these forums for help as I was getting up to speed.
Aloha from Maui