Framework7 v6 Released!

Super glad to announce that all new Framework7 v6 finally here!

Check this blog article for more details:
https://blog.framework7.io/framework7-v6-d5b843abe8e7

Happy New Year! :tada::christmas_tree:

20 Likes

Ho my god ! :grinning:

Happy new year too !

2 Likes

Happy New Year :slight_smile: @nolimits4web
Thanks For V6

2 Likes

Very nice all what I read. Congrats.

But if I understand, this is a release who drive to full rewrite of the code (I have 15 components…)

It’s a massive amount of work.

Questions

• Do you hope better performance with the new component syntax, or this full rewrite is just for “code design” improvement ?
  • No way to keep existing components of V5 if i don’t make a misunderstood ?
  • Do you plan to support V5 users a few months ? Or do you completely stop V5 patch and improvement immediatly ?

Thanks

2 Likes

Happy new year! :fireworks:

Good work @nolimits4web ! :+1:

3 Likes

Thx you very much, a Happy New Year starts good this way :slight_smile:
Especially the addition of the Store which makes it even more attractive to use the F7 core only, and reduces the need for an additional framework like Vue or React.

Best wishes for 2021 from the Netherlands.

3 Likes

I wonder with some new syntax in v6, is it backward compatible with old v5 syntax?

Why has it become so hard for me to use the v6? Im not used to cli and npm… where can i find the bundle.css and bundle.js just to include in my html?
It wont be bad if you can drop a video step how to install the version 6.

Много нового, но в Core слишком уж серьезные изменения, для меня, к сожалению, это шаг назад:(

Локальные компоненты
Круто! Ждали! Главная особенность не в том, что они локальные, а в том, что теперь можно в props передавать объекты.

Вместо Template7 новая библиотека htm
Мощно, но странно. Появилась возможность использовать JSX. В любом случае, можно привыкнуть.

scoped-стили убраны
Это отрезает огромный кусок от пользы локальных компонентов да и вообще компонентов роутера. Это усложняет разработку.

mixins убраны
Тут я вообще не понял, как так? Это просто кошмар:((

wow !!!
thank you @nolimits4web

Yes, these updates seems to be making our apps load faster than ever but I still have problems with vue imports… I am unable to import modules such as vue-moment module by using Vue.use(require('vue-moment'));:pensive:
I can’t figure out how to import and make it work, how do I do that please?

in the app.js :

// Import Vue
import { createApp } from ‘vue’;

// Import Framework7
import Framework7 from ‘framework7/lite-bundle’;

// Import Framework7-Vue Plugin
import Framework7Vue, { registerComponents } from ‘framework7-vue/bundle’;

// Import Framework7 Styles
import ‘framework7/framework7-bundle.css’;

// Import Icons and App Custom Styles
import ‘…/css/icons.css’;
import ‘…/css/app.css’;

// Import App Component
import App from ‘…/components/app.vue’;

Vue.use(require(‘vue-moment’)); /* THIS DOESN’T WORK ANYMORE, LOOKS LIKE IMPRORT SYNTAX IN THIS 2021 Framework7 Vue HAVE CHANGED AND I DON’T KNOW HO TO MAKE IT WORK*/

It has nothing to do with Framework7. You use Vue3, it has totally different syntax for installing modules, and I believe that vue-moment is not compatible with Vue3

2 Likes