Icon-back is not reversed in rtl

I made an app that could be used in several languages.
I used the following lines to change dir in HTML document as documentation says:

let dir = i18next.dir();
document.documentElement.dir = dir;
$f7.rtl = (dir==='rtl');        

But the icon-back. < is not reversed in rtl

I created a short video to explain the issue

You can see the app (in beta state) in https://ewojis.com/app in case you need to test something.

I use CSS :dir(rtl) instead .rtl to expand the width of expandable cards to have the title right aligned in rtl.

Best regards
Carlos

Switching to RTL requires different CSS stylesheet RTL Layout | Framework7 Documentation

1 Like

Vladimir, thank you for your quick answer.

I misunderstood that framework7-bundle.css contained LTR and RTL

Following your comment I added a line in the app.

I am using webpack. So I will copy my modification from your initial answer.

// Import F7 Styles
import 'framework7/framework7-bundle.css';
import '../css/framework7-bundle-rtl.min.css'; // **** added this line ****
// Import Icons and App Custom Styles
import '../css/app.css';

If I use that line I can only have RTL. Do you mean that RTL and LTR are not exchangeable on real time? In my case that everything is bundled ?

Suggestion: Could be possible in a future use the css :dir[rtl] to make a bundle that includes RTL and LTR versions?
In case that there is not option to have RTL and LTR at same time I could try that approach by myself and share with you the results.

Best regards
Carlos

Yes, they can’t work together. But it is possible to switch them dynamically, there are few technics. For example here are few examples gulp - How to switch css file when using Webpack to load css? - Stack Overflow

1 Like

Hi Vladimir
Thank you very much to point me to the dinamically switch of webpack modules. I didn’t know about it. After several tries I were able to load dinamically the framework7-bundle-rtl.min.css but I didn’t achieve the removal of the previous one.

So finally I decided to follow a different approach. I added this code in my app.less than only changes the icon based on :dir(rtl) or :dir(ltr). I though you should consider use that native css selector instead to have .rtl and .ltr classes.

:dir(ltr) {
		.icon-back, .icon-prev {
			&:after {
				content: 'chevron_left_ios';
		  	}
		}
		.icon-forward, .icon-next {
				content: 'chevron_right_ios';
		  	}
		}
	}
	:dir(rtl) {
		.icon-back, .icon-prev {
				content: 'chevron_right_ios';
		  	}
		}
		.icon-forward, .icon-next {
				content: 'chevron_left_ios';
		  	}
		}
	}

In my case is lighter than swap 2 bundles of 515Kb

I write this in case that could be useful for other members of the forum

Thank you very much for your help. You are the best.

Best regards
Carlos