Manifest merger failed

I’ve just intalled framework7 in a new computer.
I create a new app with framework7 create --ui command.
Then I try to compile the app with npm run build-prod-cordova but it return me a compilation error:

C:\prueba_app\cordova\platforms\android\app\src\main\AndroidManifest.xml Error:
        uses-sdk:minSdkVersion 21 cannot be smaller than version 22 declared in library [:CordovaLib] C:\prueba_app\cordova\platforms\android\CordovaLib\build\intermediates\library_manifest\debug\AndroidManifest.xml as the library might be using APIs not available in 21
        Suggestion: use a compatible library with a minSdk of at most 21,
                or increase this project's minSdk version to at least 22,
                or use tools:overrideLibrary="org.apache.cordova" to force usage (may lead to runtime failures)

See http://g.co/androidstudio/manifest-merger for more information about the manifest merger.

I can´t find any line in C:\prueba_app\cordova\platforms\android\app\src\main\AndroidManifest.xml related to minSdkVersion 21 neither in any build.gradle file. In every build.gradle I find minSdkVersion set to 22. Like in C:\prueba_app\cordova\platforms\android\CordovaLib\build\intermediates\library_manifest\debug\AndroidManifest.xml.

So I can’t compile the app due to this manifest merger problem.
I’ve spend 3 hours trying to solve this single sdk version compatibility problem unsuccesfully.

Thanks id advance for your help.

Hi, had similar issue on my linux. but worked after changing

in cordova/config.xml
preference name=“android-minSdkVersion” value=“21”
to
preference name=“android-minSdkVersion” value=“22”

check if this help you. seems problem with cordova latest 9.0 update.

Yes, i’ve done the same, i found the configuration in config.xml file
Thanks @deependhulla

1 Like