Open page in new browser tab

Hello, I’m new to f7. I would like to have a web app that opens an app page in a new browser tab/page.
How is it possible? with different views maybe?

If this is a cordova/phonegap app then technically you can but it won’t pass the security screening for the app stores.

What you can do is use this plugin:

<plugin name="cordova-plugin-inappbrowser" source="npm" />

And do this:

onclick="window.open('https://www.domain.org/privacy-policy','_system', 'location=yes');"

Thank you. No it isn’t. This a desktop web app. No mobile at all. And I need to open a page of thw app itself (/mypage/ in the router) on a different browser tab or page, like you do with href target=_blank class external for external web sites.

It is possible to bypass F7 link handler (if you want to add custom logic to link, or want it to direct to external website). In this case we need additional external class:

<a class="link external" href="http://google.com">Open Google</a>

See “Bypass Links Handler” in docs:
Link

1 Like

Hi, thank you. I already tried that but it doesn’t work since I’m trying to link to an internal page actually but I meed it to be visualized on a new tab of the browser. So the result, because ofbthe router, is a blank page instead of the page I want.

Hello, any help? I’m still wondering if it is feasible.
I use class external and target blank and it does open the link in a new window but there I get the following error
“Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)”

this is the html of the link
<a href=’/engineering-form/’ class=‘popover-close external’ target=’_blank’

and this is the routes.js for that route
{
path: ‘/engineering-form/’,
async(routeTo, routeFrom, resolve, reject) {
if (this.app.data.user.loggedIn) {
resolve({ component: EngineeringForm });
} else {
resolve({
component: LoginPage });
}
}
},

i think this is possible but you will need to include all the app.js in the target page source and call the page using external property in the a tag