Run Kitchen-sink on headless Ubuntu VM

On my Windows machine I run a version of NodeJS (8.2.1) that does not support the ellipsis/spread operator. This support isn’t gained until version 10, without flags. As a result, trying to run npm run core:prod or any other variation errors out trying to execute a line of code using that operator.

Since I didn’t want to mess with my NodeJS setup on my machine, I created an Ubuntu VM using Virtual Box and installed the most recent version of NodeJS. This is on a bare-bones server installation of Ubuntu - I have it running and simply log into it using SSH. My goal is to run kitchen-sink on this VM and access it using a Web Browser on my Windows host machine. I no longer have the same error that I am getting on my Windows machine.

However, I still cannot do this. I get an error:

(node:17328) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Error: Exited with code 3
    at ChildProcess.cp.once.code (/home/mplautz/source/framework7/node_modules/opn/index.js:84:13)

I traced this error to the fact that this npm module opn is trying to open a web browser. This would be impossible without a desktop installed, which it is not, since it is merely a server, run headlessly.

Is this something someone else has successfully done? Running this on a headless server? If so, how?