[SOLVED} Need help getting my Framework 7 app approved by Google play. T

Hey forum,

I recently built my Framework 7 app of course using HTML, CSS and JS.  I have put it through phone gap build and it produced an apk file that i was able to upload to my phone (galaxy 6).   The app runs great on my computer.  However, i have now tried to upload that APK file to the google play store and i am getting the following issues;

Upload failed

You uploaded a debuggable APK or Android App Bundle. For security reasons you need to disable debugging before it can be published in Google Play. Learn more about debuggable APKs or Android App Bundles.

You uploaded an APK or Android App Bundle that was signed in debug mode. You need to sign your APK or Android App Bundle in release mode. Learn more about signing.

Your app currently targets API level 14 and must target at least API level 28 to ensure it is built on the latest APIs optimized for security and performance. Change your app’s target API level to at least 28. Learn how.

I am not sure what it the next step to take to get this sorted out. Has anyone else encountered this before? I can send you the zip folder so you can see for yourselves. Not sure if i have to use andriod studio now. I thought i could create everything with Framework 7 / cordova and submit it through PhoneGap build.

Help. Thanks in advance for taking the time to respond.

-Chris

1 Like

You uploaded a debuggable APK or Android App Bundle. For security reasons you need to disable debugging before it can be published in Google Play. Learn more about debuggable APKs or Android App Bundles.

you are uploading an apk for debug purpose. Yo mus SIGN the apk and prepare it for production.

Learn more about signing.

You uploaded an APK or Android App Bundle that was signed in debug mode. You need to sign your APK or Android App Bundle in release mode. Learn more about signing.

The same, you are uploading an apk for debug purpose. Yo mus SIGN the apk and prepare it for production.

Learn more about signing.

Your app currently targets API level 14 and must target at least API level 28 to ensure it is built on the latest APIs optimized for security and performance. Change your app’s target API level to at least 28. Learn how.

you have to change the sdk in config.xml

<preference name="android-minSdkVersion" value="23" />
<preference name="android-targetSdkVersion" value="28" />
3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback on this. I added the perference name changes in the config.xml. Thanks for that. However, I read those links before about debug-gable APKs or android App Bundles and i don’t have a manifest file. I am wondering if i have to put the debug-gable apk file through android studio?

The framework 7 template that i built my app on with all the js files and css files, never contained a manifest file. Wondering if i have missed a step here? This process is very confusing. I thought i would be able to take my zip files ( app created in Framework 7) and put it through phonegap and be done with a generated APK file. I appreciate the help. Can you walk me through the steps?

if you use phoenga page you can unpload your android keystore there and sign the app with pg, you dont have todo anything else.

you have a tutorial here:

http://docs.phonegap.com/phonegap-build/signing/android/

1 Like

Oh man…i’m going to try this tomorrow. Thank you x ONE MILLION for your insight to this. I was running around in circles. I’ll text you back tomorrow.

1 Like

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction. I got my android app signed and accepted. However, the google play store is telling me to bundle my app because it is 16.5 MB. Saying that I should put it through their android app bundle thing. Is 16.5 mb a big download for people?

depending on your app assets. but its ok.