Supported tools to build and deploy Framework 7

Hi,

I’m new to hybrid mobile app development. During my study, I came across Framework 7. I understood, by using Framework 7, we can create a hybrid mobile app for iOS and Android. I searched for tools to build and deploy the Framework 7. I saw Phonegap supports building and deploying Framework 7 apps. But I don’t know how to install phone gap and include framework 7 project and build the application. And I’m interested to know, is there any other tools available? Also, is there any extension available in visual studio to build framework7. Please help. It will be helpful for my POC.

Thank you.
Nithya

Hi @Nithya

Look this

Regards

Thank you so much for the information.

I’m interested to know the following details as well. Please help.

1. Is there any other tools available to build and deploy?
  2. Is there any extension available in visual studio to build Framework7?
  3. Any IDE is available for coding?

Thank you,
Nithya.

Hi @Nithya,

Please find my comments for your queries.

1. Is there any other tools available to build and deploy?

You can use Apache Cordova to build Hybrid apps

1. Is there any extension available in visual studio to build Framework7?

No idea :sweat_smile: I am java developer :sunglasses:

1. Any IDE is available for coding?

You can use any editor software like Atom (personally prefer), Notepad++, etc…

Thank you!

One of our project was build on telerik app builder. Is it possible to convert to framework 7 app?

Hi @Nithya,

If your existing app developed as Hybrid app (html, css, js, images, fonts), then its easy to convert to Framwork7…

yeah. Existing app is a hybrid app(html, css, js, images, fonts). But I see Framework 7 has its own tags and classes. Do we need to changes these elements manually then javascript will also get impacted?

@nithya,

• Framework7 v2 has some predefined classes/functions, to reduce third party plugins like jQuery, bootstrap which increase additional load & DOM.
  • You can use all your javascript codes here without any issue
  • Framework7 v2 has native app functionalities which you can utilize in your app
  • Few changes/amendments need to be done in your app like way of calling javascripts on child page, ajax call,… which will make you surprise on your app performance

@rajkaruna,
Thanks for the details :slight_smile: