[Vue] route's beforeEnter does not execute on <f7-view> default page nor on page reload

I am trying to implement a login system into my app.

In routes.js I have the following function:

function checkAuth({ to, from, resolve, reject }) {
  if (store.getters.userAuthenticated) {
    resolve();
  } else {
    resolve('/login-screen/');
  }
}

and my ‘/’ route is defined like this:

{
    path: '/',
    component: HomePage,
    beforeEnter: checkAuth
  }

finally, my app.vue looks like this:

<template>
  <f7-app v-bind="f7params">
    <f7-view
      main
      url="/"
    >
    </f7-view>
  </f7-app>
</template>

The issue is, whenever i open my app or reload the browser window, checkAuth() does not get executed. It is, however, executed when I click a link within the app, such as /settings/.

Could you please advise me on whether this behavior is intentional and also help me make checkAuth() execute at all times?

I’m using framework7 6.1.0 and framework7-vue 6.1.0.

Thank you.

So far I have noticed that only pages where is the root component do not execute checkAuth. If I remove the tag, the app works as expected.

Example you posted can’t work even in theory, beforeEnter doesn’t accept any arguments in resolve() and can’t open login page in this case Routes | Framework7 Documentation

Use async instead and resolve it with different component Routes | Framework7 Documentation

Thank you for the swift reply!

I have changed my route so now it looks like:

{
    path: '/',
    async({ resolve, reject }) {
      if (store.getters.userAuthenticated) {
        resolve({ component: HomePage });
      } else {
        resolve({ component: LoginScreen });
      }
    }
  }

however there is one peculiar problem: the resolve({ component: HomePage }) branch gets executed, but no redirection takes place. When I replace the if condition with something else (such as true or false) the redirection behaves as expected. Could you please help me with resolving this?

// this was resolved by removing the url=’/’ parameter from my main view and the whole functionality was achieved by swapping async localForage with sync localStorage.

Or…

path: "/",

beforeEnter({ resolve, reject }) {

if (hasToken()) {

resolve();

f7.views.main.router.navigate("/home/");

} else {

reject();

f7.views.main.router.navigate("/login");

}

},