What next big feature you wait or want in Framework7?

In order to improve the performance of all animations, have you thought about using the Web Animations API? Maybe something simple, similar to this ones:

(I mean in the Core v5 edition)
BTW @nolimits4web, as always, congrats for such a great tool and framework.

1 Like

Would be great if upgrade tabbar to something like this for material theme:
https://onsen.io/demo/
Notice moving white indicator under the tabs while swiping, something like native of android.

I would love to see something similar to phonegap build, but that is probably too much.

Framework7 has similar animated highlight for tabbar in MD theme :wink:

1 Like
  • Star system component (5 stars vote system)
  • Documentation on pages (routing?) handling :stuck_out_tongue:

Agree with @luigi37 (not on the star-system component, though), but what really would be shiny, would be some pages with ‘best-practices’ or ‘tips and tricks’ (I would help with that):

I found there’s not much info/guidance on the F7 documentation pages and lot’s of things require a look at the kitchen-sink sources (or the F7-sources itself).

I recently stumbled upon Quasar's info-pages, which do a great job in that regard:

It would be tremendously helpful, if we could create something like that for F7 - this is also where ionic shines (ok. they are much more people :slight_smile:, but again: I also would contribute…

2 Likes

I would love to see a CSS-only mode.

I agree that best-practices and tips & tricks are very useful. They might require a different platform then this forum or a blog to enable participation of experienced F7 users. I don’t see immediately how Quaser achieve this but like tiptronic I am also available to help. At this moment I scan daily this forum to learn from experience of others but that is not very efficient and less effective for newcomers than best-practices pages.

1 Like

I would also add to my wishlist

• better integration with Cordova

What I mean is that I would like to be able to execute ALL cordova related commands (including and referring specifically to “simulate” which is the thing I use the most while developing)

As per today it looks to me that

• either you avoid those commands
  • or you must work in the cordova directory

but that’s explicitly mentioned as a bad practice in F7 projects…
So it makes me assume that some automatisms will not work if I have an F7 project but I’m working in the cordova dir (specifically it seems that “routing” could not be automated properly).

NOTE: I’m not expert in F7 v5, just learning now, so I understand my points might be trivial but at the same time, my learning experience could be useful to improve documentation/processes for all newcomers…

A splashscreen, would like to be able to use a splashscreen implemented by framework7, I don’t like how the cordova splashscreen works

@Erik_Cornelisse @tiptronic i am totally agree that something like Best practise/Most common errors/Etc. is missing. But help me to figure out what is exactly missing :smiley: I raised the old topic that was forgot for some reason: Let’s make FAQ section Would be cool if you can add there your thoughts, anything that comes to your mind :slight_smile:

Also, guys, if you see something is missing in docs, don’t hesitate to raise an issue at Framework7 Website repo at https://github.com/framework7io/framework7-website/ or if you can, you can edit docs directly and send the PR. I will really appreciate it

1 Like

Oh - I didn’t know that thread exists… - so I’m switching over :wink:

1 Like

would be great if change animations from requestAnimationFrame to WebAnimationApi it’s much more performant!

1 Like

Yeah, but

• F7 doesn’t use rAF
  • Web animations API has exact same performance as CSS transitions/animation. It is “API”, it is not doing something new
  • Web animations API is not supported on iOS yet
    :man_shrugging:t3::grinning:
3 Likes

is there any chance adding custom components like vue ?

import mycompoenet from './mycomponent'

{
components: [‘mycomponent’]
}

i know there is registerComponent but it’s before init,
it would be great if we could use it afterwards and on demand like using import(’’) inside components;

1 Like

It would be cool to have component-level theme override, as i hypothesized here:

I’m dropping this here to see if anyone could be interested…
have a nice day everyone

Smaller bundle size. Since V1 it has not stopped growing, even the minimal setup without components. In Android this has a big impact on the startup time of the app. For many apps may not be a problem for for apps made to be opened several times a day, it can be frustrating.

Smaller is always preferred but is PWA / chaching not an option for frequently used webapps ?

Yes, on PWAs it can bet cached and on Cordova apps, it is loaded locally so it should be fast. But the fact is that a few hundreds of KB can make a huge difference on the boot time of an app on low-end Android devices, even when everything is at local storage or cached.

Imagine opening an app multiple times a day just to log tasks and every time you have to wait 4-5 seconds on the splash screen… If you reduce the bundle size, the same app can be opened in 1/2 seconds less depending on the device. This makes a huge impact on the user experience, even more than a fancy app with tons of beautiful components.

For example, my Framework 7 V1 js bundle is 247 KB with all this components:

searchbar,modals,swipeout,tabs,fast-clicks,push-state,swiper,data-table,cards,picker,virtual-list,smart-select

The same bundle on V5 is about 443 KB

Same happens with the CSS, 151KB on V1 vs 296 KB on V5

Even lazy lading modules, the core V5 is higher in size than the V1 with extra components.

2 Likes

It would be nice to be able to adjust the loading of elements in order