What next big feature you wait or want in Framework7?

@Erik_Cornelisse @tiptronic i am totally agree that something like Best practise/Most common errors/Etc. is missing. But help me to figure out what is exactly missing :smiley: I raised the old topic that was forgot for some reason: Let’s make FAQ section Would be cool if you can add there your thoughts, anything that comes to your mind :slight_smile:

Also, guys, if you see something is missing in docs, don’t hesitate to raise an issue at Framework7 Website repo at https://github.com/framework7io/framework7-website/ or if you can, you can edit docs directly and send the PR. I will really appreciate it

1 Like

Oh - I didn’t know that thread exists… - so I’m switching over :wink:

1 Like

would be great if change animations from requestAnimationFrame to WebAnimationApi it’s much more performant!

1 Like

Yeah, but

• F7 doesn’t use rAF
  • Web animations API has exact same performance as CSS transitions/animation. It is “API”, it is not doing something new
  • Web animations API is not supported on iOS yet
    :man_shrugging:t3::grinning:
3 Likes

is there any chance adding custom components like vue ?

import mycompoenet from './mycomponent'

{
components: [‘mycomponent’]
}

i know there is registerComponent but it’s before init,
it would be great if we could use it afterwards and on demand like using import(’’) inside components;

1 Like

It would be cool to have component-level theme override, as i hypothesized here:

I’m dropping this here to see if anyone could be interested…
have a nice day everyone

Smaller bundle size. Since V1 it has not stopped growing, even the minimal setup without components. In Android this has a big impact on the startup time of the app. For many apps may not be a problem for for apps made to be opened several times a day, it can be frustrating.

Smaller is always preferred but is PWA / chaching not an option for frequently used webapps ?

Yes, on PWAs it can bet cached and on Cordova apps, it is loaded locally so it should be fast. But the fact is that a few hundreds of KB can make a huge difference on the boot time of an app on low-end Android devices, even when everything is at local storage or cached.

Imagine opening an app multiple times a day just to log tasks and every time you have to wait 4-5 seconds on the splash screen… If you reduce the bundle size, the same app can be opened in 1/2 seconds less depending on the device. This makes a huge impact on the user experience, even more than a fancy app with tons of beautiful components.

For example, my Framework 7 V1 js bundle is 247 KB with all this components:

searchbar,modals,swipeout,tabs,fast-clicks,push-state,swiper,data-table,cards,picker,virtual-list,smart-select

The same bundle on V5 is about 443 KB

Same happens with the CSS, 151KB on V1 vs 296 KB on V5

Even lazy lading modules, the core V5 is higher in size than the V1 with extra components.

2 Likes

It would be nice to be able to adjust the loading of elements in order

Image uploader, like dropzone or single image input

2 Likes

I support this idea pretty much.
Caching is not a solution, because caching happens too late.

E.g. if you’re on a 3G network, inital loading times are crucial - and the (sad) truth is, that 3G (or to some extent even EDGE) is still a big deal in big parts of the world.

1 Like

A schedler would be nice :smiley:

Documentation on how to use Framework7 for server side rendering would be better. Perhaps, some plugins or startup code to use with NUXT, others SSG such as VuePress, Gridsome would be great.

1 Like

Out of the box support with Google AdMob. Right now it is very confusing and too complex to get paid ads into Cordova apps.

В чем у вас сложности подключить плагин по его документации?

using cli’s framework7 create --ui, Is it possible to also genereate apple-touch-startup-images in different sizes ?

1 Like

Сейчас много разработчиков из России активно начинают использовать ф7 для VK mini apps. Было бы здорово, если бы появился адаптированный ф7 шаблон под vkui.

Откуда такая информация про «много»? У вк свой набор компонентов и он является рекомендованным.

из официальной беседы в вк. Слежу за этим с середины прошлого года. 50/50 разработчиков выбирают между официальным пакетом и f7. Официальный набор поставляется только для react. F7 работает во многих случаях быстрее и местами намного удобнее в коде. + Дополнительные компоненты и простая стилизация темной темы.