What next big feature you wait or want in Framework7?

3 Likes

Iā€™m not sure if the topic is still open for new wishes, but since we have aurora and the desktop in the house, dragā€™nā€™drop for card component (and probably for other components also) would come handy.

The idea comes from the desktop scene where it is quite common to have ā€œcustomizableā€ dashboards, where customization often means that cards with different contents can be dragged and pinned around the dashboard.

MDBootstrap has such an initiative.

What do you think?

I would better not reinvent the wheel and recommend this library https://sortablejs.github.io/Sortable/ :slight_smile: It has zero dependencies, modern, has a lot of options. I use it in my recent projects and fully happy with it

3 Likes

Thanks for the advice, looking after it!

Good advice, perhaps we can create a list of useful libraries? I donā€™t mean another ā€œawesomeā€ list but complementair to F7 and based on positive experience and recommendations. Like sortable.js and localforage.js

1 Like

In order to improve the performance of all animations, have you thought about using the Web Animations API? Maybe something simple, similar to this ones:

(I mean in the Core v5 edition)
BTW @nolimits4web, as always, congrats for such a great tool and framework.

1 Like

Would be great if upgrade tabbar to something like this for material theme:
https://onsen.io/demo/
Notice moving white indicator under the tabs while swiping, something like native of android.

I would love to see something similar to phonegap build, but that is probably too much.

Framework7 has similar animated highlight for tabbar in MD theme :wink:

1 Like
  • Star system component (5 stars vote system)
  • Documentation on pages (routing?) handling :stuck_out_tongue:

Agree with @luigi37 (not on the star-system component, though), but what really would be shiny, would be some pages with ā€˜best-practicesā€™ or ā€˜tips and tricksā€™ (I would help with that):

I found thereā€™s not much info/guidance on the F7 documentation pages and lotā€™s of things require a look at the kitchen-sink sources (or the F7-sources itself).

I recently stumbled upon Quasar's info-pages, which do a great job in that regard:

It would be tremendously helpful, if we could create something like that for F7 - this is also where ionic shines (ok. they are much more people :slight_smile:, but again: I also would contributeā€¦

2 Likes

I would love to see a CSS-only mode.

I agree that best-practices and tips & tricks are very useful. They might require a different platform then this forum or a blog to enable participation of experienced F7 users. I donā€™t see immediately how Quaser achieve this but like tiptronic I am also available to help. At this moment I scan daily this forum to learn from experience of others but that is not very efficient and less effective for newcomers than best-practices pages.

1 Like

I would also add to my wishlist

• better integration with Cordova

What I mean is that I would like to be able to execute ALL cordova related commands (including and referring specifically to ā€œsimulateā€ which is the thing I use the most while developing)

As per today it looks to me that

• either you avoid those commands
  • or you must work in the cordova directory

but thatā€™s explicitly mentioned as a bad practice in F7 projectsā€¦
So it makes me assume that some automatisms will not work if I have an F7 project but Iā€™m working in the cordova dir (specifically it seems that ā€œroutingā€ could not be automated properly).

NOTE: Iā€™m not expert in F7 v5, just learning now, so I understand my points might be trivial but at the same time, my learning experience could be useful to improve documentation/processes for all newcomersā€¦

A splashscreen, would like to be able to use a splashscreen implemented by framework7, I donā€™t like how the cordova splashscreen works

@Erik_Cornelisse @tiptronic i am totally agree that something like Best practise/Most common errors/Etc. is missing. But help me to figure out what is exactly missing :smiley: I raised the old topic that was forgot for some reason: Letā€™s make FAQ section Would be cool if you can add there your thoughts, anything that comes to your mind :slight_smile:

Also, guys, if you see something is missing in docs, donā€™t hesitate to raise an issue at Framework7 Website repo at https://github.com/framework7io/framework7-website/ or if you can, you can edit docs directly and send the PR. I will really appreciate it

1 Like

Oh - I didnā€™t know that thread existsā€¦ - so Iā€™m switching over :wink:

1 Like

would be great if change animations from requestAnimationFrame to WebAnimationApi itā€™s much more performant!

1 Like

Yeah, but

• F7 doesnā€™t use rAF
  • Web animations API has exact same performance as CSS transitions/animation. It is ā€œAPIā€, it is not doing something new
  • Web animations API is not supported on iOS yet
    :man_shrugging:t3::grinning:
3 Likes

is there any chance adding custom components like vue ?

import mycompoenet from './mycomponent'

ā€¦
{
components: [ā€˜mycomponentā€™]
}
ā€¦
i know there is registerComponent but itā€™s before init,
it would be great if we could use it afterwards and on demand like using import(ā€™ā€™) inside components;

1 Like