items: data,

renderItem:function(item){
 return console.log('test')
},
// Custom search function for searchbar
searchAll: function (query, items) {
  var found = [];
  for (var i = 0; i < items.length; i++) {
    if (items[i].NAME.toLowerCase().indexOf(query.toLowerCase()) >= 0 || query.trim() === '') found.push(i);
  }
  return found; //return array with mathced indexes
},

// List item Template7 template
itemTemplate:

'<li>' +
'<a href="#" class="item-link item-content">' +
'<div class="item-inner">' +
'<div class="item-title-row">' +
'<div class="item-title">{{NAME}}</div>' +
'</div>' +
'<div class="item-subtitle">stuff</div>' +
'</div>' +
'</a>' +
'</li>',
// Item height
height: app.theme === 'ios' ? 63 : (app.theme === 'md' ? 73 : 46),

})

Now this works, as it displays out the list items however I need to run some code before its actually inserted where we do some string concatenations and other custom functions to get the correct data for each item.

Reading the docs it would appear that I could use renderItem, however this does not appear to fire if itemTemplate is in place however removing the itemTemplate

var virtualList = app.virtualList.create({

// List Element
el: '.virtual-list',
// Pass array with items
items: data,

renderItem:function(item){
 return console.log('test')
},
// Custom search function for searchbar
searchAll: function (query, items) {
  var found = [];
  for (var i = 0; i < items.length; i++) {
    if (items[i].NAME.toLowerCase().indexOf(query.toLowerCase()) >= 0 || query.trim() === '') found.push(i);
  }
  return found; //return array with mathced indexes
},

// Item height
height: app.theme === 'ios' ? 63 : (app.theme === 'md' ? 73 : 46),

})

and just having renderItem only seems to work on the first iteration, then throwing an error message

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'trim' of undefined -From line 13 of https://localhost:8000/src/framework7/js/framework7.bundle.min.js

Not sure what I’m doing wrong here…

renderItem and itemTemplate can’t be used together, what is the point? renderItem must be used instead of template, and inside this function you need to return item HTML code based on passed item argument. It can’t return console.log() statements, you must return the string.

If you need to do something before rendered item inserted, you can use itemsBeforeInsert event https://framework7.io/docs/virtual-list.html#virtual-list-events

Ok, that makes sense, I don’t think I saw that it must be HTML returned so I will give that a shot!

As for itemsBeforeInsert, I tried hat too but I’m guessing it too must return html? As in my previous test I was just trying to console it out.

Thanks!